3M Particle Filter 2296 P100
- Accessories Yes
- Aerosol Type Oil and Non-Oil
- Brand 3M
- Cartridge or Filter Type Particulate
- Case Quantity 100/case
- Connection Type Bayonet
- Filter Material Polypropylene
- For Use With 3M Cartridges 6000 Series, Reusable Respirators
- Gas & Vapor Protection Type Organic Vapor, Particulates
- NIOSH Cartridge or Filter Assigned Color Coding Magenta
- NIOSH Filter Approval Rating P100
- Nuisance Odor Relief (< OSHA PEL) Acid Gases
- Overall Height (Imperial) 4.3 in, 4.3 in
- Overall Length (Imperial) 4.3 in
- Product Code 2296
- Product Series 6000, 7000, 7500, 7800S, FF-400, Rugged Comfort 6500
- Product Type Filter
- Recommended Industry Construction, Design & Construction, Facility Sanitation, Food Processing, Food Safety, General Manufacturing, Heavy Infrastructure, Industrial Maintenance, Marine, Metal Production & Fabrication, Mining, Oil & Gas, Transportation
- Standards/Approvals P100
- Exceptional 99.97%filter efficiency meets NIOSH P100-series test criteria
- Advanced Electret Media (AEM) provides lightweight, easy breathing comfort
- Versatile protection against many oil and non-oil based particulate contaminants
- Exterior netting increases durability for a longer lasting filter
- Nuisance odor relief for acid gas levels below the Permissible Exposure Level (PEL)
- Designed to make breathing easier while lasting longer. NIOSH approved for environments containing certain oil and non-oil based particles. 3M recommended for relief against nuisance level acid gases.
The 3MAdvanced Particulate Filter 2296, P100, with Nuisance level Acid Gas Relief helps provide respiratory protection against exposure to lead, asbestos, cadmium, arsenic, and MDA. The filter is effective for concentrations up to 10 times the Permissible Exposure Limit (PEL) with half facepieces, or 50 times PEL with quantitatively fit tested full facepieces. This filter helps protect against a wide range of oil and non-oil based particulate contaminants and can be used as a prefilter for certain chemical exposures. The filter also offers nuisance level odor relief from acid gases that are below the PEL. Nuisance level refers to concentrations not exceeding OSHA PEL or other applicable government exposure limits, whichever is lower. Do not use for respiratory protection against acid gases in environments that are immediately dangerous to life or health (IDLH). 3Mℴs Advanced Electret Media (AEM) provides a comfortable lightweight, easy-breathing combination. Inventory needs and training requirements of safety equipment are reduced because this filter works for many different applications. In customer field trials, 3M 2200 Series filters lasted up to twice as long as standard filters. Initial pressure drop of 2200 Series P100 filters is 30% lower than standard P100 Series filters. Lower pressure drop over time can extend filter life. This filter is commonly used in the following industries: construction, general manufacturing, mining, and primary metals.
The filter works with a wide range of facepieces, including 3M Half and Full Facepieces 6000, 7000 and FF-400 Series with bayonet filter holders. If used with 3M Adapter 502, the filter may also be used with 3M Respirator 5000 Series or 3M Cartridge 6000 Series. The filter is NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) approved for environments containing certain oil and non-oil based particles. The filter has been assigned the color code ℺Magentaℹ in the NIOSH system. Passing NIOSHℴs P-series test criteria, the 2296 P100 filter provides at least 99.97 percent filter efficiency. The pressure drop of 2200 Series filters is lower than the pressure drop of comparable competitive products both initially and during loading.
Breathing hazardous particles can pose a risk to your health. NIOSH, a Federal government regulatory agency, has tested and approved the 3MAdvanced Particulate Filter 2296 to help reduce exposure to certain particles.