3M Particulate Filter 2096 P100
- Accessories: Yes
- Aerosol Type: Oil and Non-Oil
- Brand: 3M
- Cartridge or Filter Type: Particulate
- Case Quantity: 2/pack
- Connection Type: Bayonet
- Features: Easy Breathing, Lightweight
- Filter Material: Polypropylene
- For Use With: 3M Cartridges 6000 Series, Reusable Respirators
- Gas & Vapor Protection Type: Organic Vapor, Particulates
- National Stock Number: 4240013722610
- NIOSH Cartridge or Filter Assigned Color Coding Magenta
- NIOSH Filter Approval Rating: P100
- Nuisance Odor Relief: (< OSHA PEL) Acid Gases
- Overall Height (Imperial): 4.3 in, 4.3 in
- Overall Length (Imperial): 4.3 in
- Product Code: 2096
- Product Series: 6000, 7000, 7500, 7800S, FF-400, Rugged Comfort 6500
- Product Type: Filter
- Recommended Industry: Construction, Design & Construction, Facility Sanitation, Food Processing, Food Safety, General Manufacturing, Heavy Infrastructure, Industrial Maintenance, Marine, Metal Production & Fabrication, Mining, Oil & Gas, Transportation
- Standards/Approvals: P100
- Exceptional 99.97% filter efficiency meets NIOSH P100-series test criteria
- Versatile protection against many oil and non-oil based particulate contaminants
- Nuisance odor relief for acid gas levels below the Permissible Exposure Level (PEL)
- Bayonet compatibility allows use with many 3M half and full facepiece designs
- Wide range of applications reduces inventory needs and training requirements
- NIOSH approved for environments containing certain oil and non-oil based particles. 3M recommended for relief against nuisance levels of acid gases.
The 3M Particulate Filter 2096, P100, with Nuisance Level Acid Gas Relief helps provide respiratory protection against exposure to lead, asbestos, cadmium, arsenic, and MDA. The filter is effective for concentrations up to 10 times the Permissible Exposure Limit (PEL) with half facepieces, or 50 times PEL with quantitatively fit tested full facepieces. This filter helps protect against a wide range of oil and non-oil based particulate contaminants. The filter also offers nuisance level odor relief from acid gases that are below the PEL. Nuisance level refers to concentrations not exceeding OSHA PEL or other applicable government exposure limits, whichever is lower. Do not use for respiratory protection against acid gases or in environments that are immediately dangerous to life or health (IDLH). Inventory needs and training requirements of safety equipment are reduced because this filter works for many different applications. This filter is commonly used in the following industries: mining, primary metals,.
The filter works with a wide range of facepieces, including 3M Half and Full Facepieces 6000, 7000 and FF-400 Series. If used with 3M Adapter 502, the filter may also be used with 3M Respirator 5000 Series or 3M Cartridge 6000 Series. The filter is NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) approved for environments containing certain oil and non-oil based particles. The filter has been assigned the color code ℺Magentaℹ in the NIOSH system. Passing NIOSHℴs P-series test criteria, the 2096 P100 filter provides at least 99.97 percent filter efficiency against particles.
Breathing hazardous particles can pose a risk to your health. NIOSH, a Federal government regulatory agency, has tested and approved the 3M Particulate Filter 2096 to help reduce exposure to certain particles.