3M Mercury Vapor/Chlorine/Sulfur Dioxide Gas Cartridge 6009S
- Brand 3M
- Cartridge or Filter Type Gas and Vapor
- Case Quantity 60/case
- Connection Type Bayonet
- For Use With Reusable Respirators
- Gas & Vapor Protection Type Mercury vapor and chlorine gas, Mercury Vapor or Chlorine, Particulates, Sulfur Dioxide
- NIOSH Cartridge or Filter Assigned Color Coding Orange
- NIOSH Filter Approval Rating OV/P100
- Nuisance Odor Relief (< OSHA PEL) N/A
- Overall Height (Imperial) 3.4 in, 3.4 in
- Overall Length (Imperial) 4.2 in
- Product Code 6009S
- Product Type Cartridge
- Recommended Industry Construction, General Manufacturing, Heavy Industrial, Industrial Maintenance, Marine, Metal Production & Fabrication, Mining, Oil & Gas, Pharmaceutical, Transportation
- Standards/Approvals Chlorine, Mercury vapor, Sulfur Dioxide
- NIOSH approved for protection against mercury vapor, chlorine or sulfur dioxide and certain particulates
- Swept-back design allows an enhanced field of view and comfort
- Bayonet compatibility allows use with many 3M half and full facepiece designs
- Passive End-of-Service-Life Indicator (ESLI) for mercury vapor shows when cartridges need to be replaced
- Simple installation and usage requirements reduce training needs
- NIOSH approved against mercury vapor, chlorine or sulfur dioxide and certain particulates. Use with 3M Half and Full Facepieces 6000, 7000 and FF-400 Series with bayonet filter holders.
The 3M Mercury Organic Vapor or Chlorine Acid Gas Cartridge 6009S helps provide mercury vapor, chlorine or sulfur dioxide and certain particulate protection in a variety of environments. The cartridge may be used for vapor concentrations up to 10 times the Permissible Exposure Limit (PEL) with half facepieces or 50 times PEL with quantitatively fit tested full facepieces. Recommended applications for the cartridge include chemical transfer, laboratories, and line opening. Inventory needs and training requirements for safety equipment are reduced because this respirator cartridge selection works for many different applications. This cartridge is commonly used in the following industries: chemicals, mining, oil and gas, pharmaceuticals, and primary metals.
This mercury organic vapor and chlorine acid gas cartridge works with 3M Half and Full Facepieces 6000, 7000 and FF-400 Series with bayonet holders. The cartridge is NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) approved for environments containing mercury organic vapors and chlorine gas. Passive End-of-Service-Life Indicator (ESLI) for mercury vapor shows when it is time to replace the cartridge. This cartridge is not for use in environments that are immediately dangerous to life or health (IDLH). The cartridge has been assigned the color code ℺Orangeℹ in the NIOSH system.
Breathing mercury vapor or chlorine gas can pose a risk to your health. NIOSH, a Federal government regulatory agency, has tested and approved the 3M Mercury Organic Vapor or Chlorine Acid Gas Cartridge 6009S to help reduce exposure to these vapors and gases.